Checking out keys is the same as checking out reserve items. The student who checks out the key is responsible for it. Keys are checked out for 2 hours and there is $1 per hour fee for late returns. Lost keys will be assessed a $50 replacement fee (this is the college’s charge, not ours). Rooms can only be unlocked with a key.
- There must be at least two (2) people in the group to check out a room. They are no longer required to sign in.
- No more than 8 students may occupy a room.
- A group may stay in the room over their allotted time after returning the key, but they must leave within 15 minutes if a new group wants to use the room (i.e. no renewals, including to different members of the same group).
- Students may join multiple study groups.
- Rooms can only be reserved in person or by phone, and only on the day of the reservation.
- Students must use the room they have been assigned.
- If the room has not been checked out within the first 15 minutes, the room may be assigned to another group of students.
- Faculty members may not check out OR use study rooms. Even if a group of students checks out the room, the faculty member may not join them and use the room to conduct tutoring sessions. Faculty-led tutoring takes place in the SSC and LAC, or in faculty offices.
- The ONLY time a faculty member may check out a room for a group of students, is if they are acting as the representative for a school-sponsored club.
- No food or cell phone use in the study rooms.
- Study rooms are for academic purposes. They are for students and student group use only.
- Study rooms are not for sleeping or other non-academic related purposes.
- Students will be held responsible for any damages incurred in the study rooms.